Monday, July 10, 2017

Singing to the Lord (even with this bad voice)

I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. Psalm 104:33

Have you wondered why Monday's are "Musical Mondays" here on the recoveryBox Devotional blog? It's because there are so many ways for us to praise our God using scripture. I include the lyrics on purpose. When we read something it stays with us in a way that hearing something doesn't. We all learn in different ways.

The music I include isn't just feel good music. It's praise music that almost always has scripture in it. Yes, when you listen to such uplifting music you may not have even known that you were listening to the Bible.

King David penned many of the Psalms. They are not just poems..but many of them are beautiful songs. King David was a musician and was able to express his praise to God through music...and I myself having been a music major in college I know how much music and tones and sounds can pull at your emotions and desires.

And so when the enemy is starting to attack you and you just need to hear good messages, turn on some praise and worship music and tell Satan to take a hike! Nothing is impossible for the Lord.