Friday, January 13, 2017

Musical Devotional - Gungor's Please Be My Strength

Sometimes the lyrics to songs are so powerful that we can use these as devotionals especially when they are based on scriptures. Gungor's songs reminds me of the Psalms when King Davis is crying out to God to be his strength because he realizes he's not in control - and never was.

 "Please Be My Strength" by Gungor

I’ve tried to stand my ground
I’ve tried to understand
but I can’t seem to find my faith again


like water on the sand

or grasping at the wind
I keep on falling short



please be my strength

please be my strength
Cuz I don’t have anymore
I don’t have anymore



I’m looking for a place

that I can plant my faith
one thing I know for sure



I cannot create it

I cannot sustain it
It’s Your love that’s keeping (captured) me



Please be my strength…



at my final breath

I hope that I can say
I’ve fought the good fight of faith



I pray your glory shines

through this doubting heart of mine
so my world would know that You



You are my strength

You and You alone
You and You alone