Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Battling the Temptation

Psalm 119:11
I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

How do we guard ourselves against temptations and the battles of this broken world? One way is to read scripture. To study it, memorize it, pour our hearts into reading the Bible,  and soaking up God's word into our hearts. 

I am not one to be able to memorize easily. But what I have found is because I read it a lot, that I am well versed enough to be able to recall ideas I have read in scripture and then be able to look it up. I'm so thankful I can do at least that.  It truly has saved me more than once from poor choices and has enabled me to boldly have conversations defending my position rather than shy away.

Our struggles come from the world which is on the outside. What will save us will come from inside - the stored scripture in our hearts and the Holy Spirit that dwells within.