Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Are You Enjoying the Silence?

After the fire came a gentle whisper. 1 Kings 19:12

Silence is golden. My house is so loud - yes, I do have two boys (and one larger one - my husband) and it tends to get rather loud here.  When the kids go to school and my husband leaves for work - it's total silence. And then they come home in the afternoon and it's loud again. Day after day the sounds oscillates between silence and the loudness. I'm sure someone can relate to that.

During those loud times, I can feel myself stressed and often not able to think clearly. Those are not the times to do some real prayers - not the time to do soul searching. When they leave in the morning, it's when I can quiet my mind and focus on God and his message. He knows life is like this and that I can't be down on my knees 24/7. But I treasure these moments during the day that are peaceful.

Those moments are when I begin to notice him and what he is doing. It's when I find myself spiritually moved because I feel connected with him.  So when left with a time that you are by yourself, don't feel that you have to turn on the TV or radio to get background noise. Use that time to connect with God. Enjoy the Silence.