Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Last Day of School Faith

2 Timothy 1:5 ESV I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well. 

This morning was an emotional one here at our household. My oldest son (the one with special needs) was sad because of his friends leaving and going on to Junior High- that he thought he would not see them again ever - my youngest son was happy because it's the last day of school.  And me? Well, I'm oscillating between sadness because our elementary school years are over, and I no longer get to walk my youngest to school holding his hand-- to I can't wait to see what the next school has in store for our family.

Change is hard! Let's face it!!!  Little changes in our routines can create turmoil and large changes can be downright emotional if not damaging if we are not grounded. And I was thinking about what I was going to do today to keep myself grounded emotionally,  I searched scripture for comfort (yes, the Bible is my comfort food).

I found this verse in 2nd Timothy that gave me comfort because it speaks to faith that transcends generations - and with generations comes obvious changes during different periods of our lives. But the one thing that doesn't change and will never change is Jesus Christ. I can rely on knowing that He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow - and therefore whatever scary new things get thrown into the path of our lives I can look up and know He is there, the same as always.

This verse also gives me hope that if I teach my children well about Jesus, that they in turn will teach their children as in this verse. And that creates such joy in me knowing that I can leave a legacy of something so wonderful during times of such change.

And so today, I will allow myself to have all these emotions but ultimately have peace in my Rock!