Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Due to Circumstances Beyond Our Control

What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Romans 8:31

Do you ever have those internal debates? You know, the voice inside you that makes you doubt yourself, your choices, your joy?

Doubt - agh.. the very thing that keeps us from living the life that God has in store for us. And I'm sure you have seen that glimmer of doubt in other's peoples eyes about you as well.  You know, when you tell someone that you are finally sober and that this is the LAST time. You are done with the life of addiction?  And you get the raised eyebrow thing?

Well, other's peoples thinkings are their own baggage. You must stand confident.  Believe in the life that God has in store for you.  That little voice in your head - it's a device of Satan to keep you from succeeding.

Years ago, a good mentor of mine gave me great advice.  She told me when I hear that voice in my head, to stand up and loudly proclaim out loud "Satan, Get Out!"  And each time I feel that doubt looming I do as she instructed. I feel so free. I pray for the Holy Spirit to fill me in that instant and to protect me from the harm Satan wants me to endure.

Thing is, if you don't experience that doubt, then I might wonder if your goals for yourself are too low. If you do get that feeling/internal debate that perhaps "I can't stay sober" - then you ARE winning and Satan isn't liking it.  I know based on the verse above, God is with me.  So stand tall and say it "Satan, Get Out!"