Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Pray..Regardless of Your Situation

When my life was ebbing away, I remembered You, Lord, and my prayer rose to You, to your holy temple. Jonah 2:7

Life is so uncertain. People are so unreliable. But if there is one thing in life I know for certain is that I can always rely on my God. I can always cry out to Him when I'm at my darkest point and he will not turn His back on me. He WILL lift me up and sustain me.

"Many people deny themselves the privilege of the peace of God, simply because they feel too undeserving to talk to God." (from Grace for each Moment").  And those in recovery are notorious for telling themselves this and believing it.  But it is such a falsehood.  Jesus came for sinners.  Yes he came for everyone but he focused his ministry on those who were sick.  And I'm not just talking physically sick.

Jesus promised that he will not cast anyone out because of what they have done. Even if you feel unworthy of Him and His love, there is no better time than to reach out to Him.  He literally is waiting for you to hold out your hand. His hand is already extended to you. Go ahead and reach out and hold on to Him. Our Jesus will not let go of you.