Sunday, April 16, 2017

In This World

John 16:33 



I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”











My heart is heavy with sorrow and sadness over the tragedy on this anniversary of the Boston Marathon.  And it's not that I am surprised that such horrible acts of violence can happen because I am well aware that they do - and all over the world every day.  Events happen all the time that break our hearts.








As I was watching the news with my son, I was watching his reaction closely.  He has special needs and so I was concerned as to how he was processing the information.  And his voice to me said clearly, "Mom, we can pray." How wonderful is it that he knows immediately "Who" to turn to.  He wanted to continue watching the coverage because he was fascinated by it.  But I told him that to continue to watch the same event over and over is what the horrible person wants us to do.  I asked him "Should we give control to this person by doing that?  Or should we give control to God and pray?"  Of course we need to be aware of such events but not get stuck frozen in fear.












I knew my son was interested because I participate in triathlons.  And he has been at the end of my races, watching and eagerly awaiting for me to appear so that he can run to me and finish those last few meters cheering me on (how I have wonderful pictures of this).  It reminds me of the end of times.  When we are finishing up our race here on earth and God is waiting for us at the end.  






We will be rewarded by Him and rest assured as I told my son...God does not turn a cheek on evil.  







Look what John writes in  Revelation 21:8 









"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”










And so I will continue fighting the good fight here on earth, fill our lives with kindness, and love and generosity and I will leave the rest to God. To do otherwise is to give power to evil and to live in fear. And my God is a strong God, more powerful than any evil that Satan can drum up.









Be strong today, pray, and always show love.