Monday, March 20, 2017

Seek God All the Time

Joyce Meyer's Ministries

Seek God All the Time

by Joyce Meyer - posted March 18, 2013

Keep on asking and it will be given you; keep on seeking and you will find; keep on knocking [reverently] and [the door] will be opened to you. —Matthew 7:7
In 2 Chronicles 20, King Jehoshaphat proclaimed a fast to show his sincerity to God. Missing a few meals and taking that time to seek God is not a bad idea. Turning the television off and spending the time you would normally spend watching it with God is not a bad idea either. Stay home a few evenings and spend extra time with the Lord instead of going out with your friends and repeating your problem over and over to them. These things and others show that we know hearing from God is vital.
I have learned the word seek means to pursue, crave, and go after with all your might. In other words, we act like a starving man in search of food to keep us alive. I would also like to add that we need to seek God all the time not just when we are in trouble. Once God spoke to me that the reason so many people had problems all the time was because that was the only time they would seek Him. He showed me that if He removed the problems, He would not get any time with the people. He said, "Seek Me as if you were desperate all the time and then you won't find yourself desperate as often in reality." I think this is good advice, and I highly recommend that we all follow it.


From the book New Day, New You by Joyce Meyer. Copyright © 2006 by Joyce Meyer. Published by InProv. All rights reserved.

-- I have got to say this one hit me as I was just posting the one yesterday about Jesus and wanting his love and to be filled by it.  And it dawned on me that I can only be filled with his love if I ask for it - and I can only be asking for it if I am taking time to seek Him. Let's do as Joyce suggests and shut off the TV or stay in one night that we would normally go out and spend time in the Word and in prayer.  Let's make this a habit and I am sure we will see our lives transformed.