Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Lord, Transform My Mind


Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]. —Romans 12:2


Last week, my son was getting ready for school and as he was rushing around trying to remember to get his teeth brushed, and shoes on and lunch put into his backpack, it just seemed like he was lost. He turned to me and looked me squarely in the eyes and said (albeit a little grumpily too), "Mom, I'm losing my mind!"  And then he returned to his tasks in the same haphazard fashion.

It made me chuckle but then I thought about it a little.  Aren't we running around this earth doing the same thing?  Aren't we just trying to get things "done" like he was before he missed his bus. Perhaps, we need to stop and pray the verse from Romans 12:2; Lord, renew my mind. Put in a new attitude about life in me.  Put your ideas in my mind - not my ideas.  My ideas always fall short.  Isn't that why I got into the mess I did?  So today, I take a lesson from my son.  We can learn so much from our children.