Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Let Your Love Be Selfless

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.  1 John 3:18

Love in action is more than simply doing good deeds, pure love is profound and unselfish and embraces the faithfulness and noble principals that enrich the heart and mind of a person. It is precious above all things.

Grace For Each Moment
March 22nd

 -- For those who are in the world of addictions, love is a complicated thing. Sometimes addicts think "I love this person because he can always get me my drugs" or a codependent might think "If I do this for my son or daughter they will see how much I love them and they will have to stop using drugs, right?"

Alas, sometimes true love is actually letting go. The author writes later in the devotion about how true love is about sacrifice and sorrow and shows itself as loyalty and faithfulness.  So perhaps true love IS about letting go and just waiting.  I've been on both sides of the fence of this journey and I know how complicated and twisted love is.  BUT, I also know that the love from Jesus is NOT complicated.  In fact, it's the one sure thing that kept me going. Seek the love of Jesus today.