Monday, January 9, 2017

Your Wisdom and Your Knowledge Delude You

 Isaiah 47:10, “your wisdom and your knowledge , they have deluded you; For you have said in your heart, “I am, and there is no one be sides me”.

I don’t know the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. -Bill Cosby
Today’s author for my personal devotions opened with a great quote that I can relate to because I’ve tried to do that exact thing and failed - miserably. And I loved the quote just because I love Bill Cosby and his family-centric attitude towards life.
But honestly, it’s true, if I try to be everything to everyone else not only do I set myself up to disappoint others but also disappoint myself - which is what I look at more. The author basically states that we become more of a drain to others rather than an asset because we are spread too thin and don’t bring that energy and creativity to the table. And she’s right. Wish I had learned that the easy way.
Those with CoDependency I am sure find this very hard to deal with because there is that desire to feel the need to be needed all the time. And it’s extremely unhealthy.
Yes there are times when we need to be the person to step in an be the asset but we need to be listening to God and hearing Him tell us this rather than us making this choice on our own.
The author’s verse today is from Isaiah 47:10, “your wisdom and your knowledge , they have deluded you; For you have said in your heart, “I am, and there is no one be sides me”.
Whoa— I don’t ever want to say that. I want God to fill my heart and be my path. So I guess the lesson I need to learn is to not think life is not all centered around me - I must center around God and he will direct my feet. I want to be the asset he uses but only to be used where He wants and only in his timing.

It’s not something I’ll be perfect at right away because I know for me I go in cycles with this CoDependency addiction, but it’s something I’m determined to break because He did not make me this way. And as I’ve let go, I am beginning to get a huge sense of balance in my life…which is what God wants us to have.