Monday, January 2, 2017

Gaining the Approval of Others

Galatians 1:10 ESV

For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.


The harder you work to gain others approval the more impossible it is to gain or to maintain that person’s approval. Seeking the favor of others is a sure-fire way of losing your joy.

(Approval seeking can be the result of upbringing, unhealthy relationships, lack of our own confidence with ourselves and so many more reasons.)

For many years I confused approval with respect. But, of course, they are different…people can respect you without always agreeing with your position or actions. Sometime people refuse to respect you because your actions don’t agree with theirs. But that is NOT your problem. They must learn this lesson for themselves.
While some women are concerned about what others think, many of us are our own worst enemies! We don’t approve of who we are…of course there are always things we can work on .. But what is important here is that we be the best we can for ourselves, no one else.
Say out loud with me “someone will not like something I say or do today but that’s okay- God and I are well pleased with me”.
— Finding Your Joy
Lets Start with You