Saturday, December 10, 2016

Putting an End to It

Acts 2:24-26New American Standard Bible (NASB)
24 [a]But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the [b]agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held [c]in its power. 25 For David says of Him,saw the Lord always in my presence;For He is at my right hand, so that I will not be shaken.26 Therefore my heart was glad and my tongue exulted;Moreover my flesh also will live in hope;

Those who live in the life of addiction, battling each day for sobriety, understand how life can be so discouraging. It doesn't take much to crush our spirits, for our self-confident to fly right out the window. It's so much easier to withdraw physically and emotionally from people and to lose all objectivity. And it's does not take much to set this into motion either!

We can choose to look at life in the here and now moment - which may not be all that pretty to be honest. Or we can choose to find hope in what is coming. We are not perfect and we are not going to get it right all the time. Thank goodness for an amazing and patient God!!  We can make the choice to stay down and belittle and berate ourselves, or we can choose to better ourselves.

Who said that you or I are going to get it right the first time? Who puts those expectations out there saying you MUST achieve them or else? God knows we are sinners and are going to make those mistakes. 

I love how King David in this verse (again he too was a sinner but he was a man after God's heart) says 'Therefore my heart was glad and my tongue exulted." yes we make those mistakes but it's the attitude that have about those mistakes. His is one of complete and abandoned joy.

Tomorrow is a new day - a gift! Open it up and experience that gift! One day at a time.