Monday, December 26, 2016

My Word

So is My word that goes out from My mouth: It will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

It's easy to get all wrapped up with the spirit of Christmas and the shopping, the music, the parties and the snow (well, maybe snow depending on where you live). And with many of us lucky enough to be surrounded by family, the time goes by so quickly and the season passes - and we are wishing for the warmer temps of spring to quickly arrive.  We as a people have very short memories, I think.

But, we need to remember why this season even occurs. Christmas is truly about the birth of Jesus. And without the birth of Jesus there would be no sacrifice for our sins and so we can't jump right from the birth to Easter (even though as Christians we often forget about the in between).

We must remember the teachings and prayers of Jesus, the miracles he performed, the gentle rebukes he gave and the challenges he left with those who he came to preach to - as well as for us.  Lord, I so desire to hold onto you firmly each day so that I can remember why You came.

I ask for your love and compassion and forgiveness. And as you came and had victory over this world, Lord, I ask for victory over the day to day battles that I endure. Thank you for baby Jesus to come and live His life as my example and I ask for the wisdom to make the choices that would honor you and me.