Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Misplacing Our Joy

Psalm 30:5

For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning


Sometimes we have our joy, only to misplace it. There are as many ways for joy to elude us as there are personalities in the world, but one way we lose it is by not being present in the now.

[What do you mean in the now? I’m here living right? As part of addiction recovery I’m dealing with the past .]

Living in the not-so-perfect life, I’ve experienced the consequences of sin. - my own and those bestowed on me by others. I’ve made mistakes that shame me to no end; sins that if I dwelled on them and failed to receive the forgiveness freely given, would send me into a black hole from which I would never return].
Well that about nails where the addiction comes in. The author doesn’t even know it but she’s right..dwelling on the pains caused by us and to us would never allow us to release it and immerse ourselves in addiction recovery. Right in one paragraph she is a actually writing about several of the 12 steps of recovery.
She goes on to write “and I have also experienced sin on the receiving end : abandonment, betrayal, manipulation, and emotional abuse. Accepting my failure, as well as those of others, is the only way to deal with a fallen world. And moving on is the only way to hope.”
Nope, this devotional that I am blogging about each day is not for those with addictions, but it does show that everyone has pains and hurts..but its how we deal with it. And today is the day to let go of those hurts and grab ahold of your joy.
“Joy is a state of contentment that cannot be affected by outside forces. Remember , yesterday is an outside force.”
Are you ready and willing to let go? Stop living in the comfort of the past..what do you chose?
For me, I choose to be in on the now.
— Finding your joy - Letting Go of Yesterday
1 year book of inspiration, Ellen Miller