Monday, December 12, 2016

Living Intentionally

2 Corinthians 12:9  

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 

For some reason lately I've been thinking about living intentionally. For me, I think it's because I've been forced to make decisions about difficult situations in my life, and because of having to make these decisions I'm forced to really think about my faith and how I want to live it out.

But, on my ride home this morning from dropping off my son at school, I started thinking about the days where life "just happens". There is nothing pressing, or difficult to decide, or crisis, etc. Everyday things just happen. I LIVE for these days because it seems like I have peace on these days. But do I?

After scouring the Bible for verses about living intentionally, I noticed all of them had strong action verbs. In the verse I chose for today, the verb is "boast", and of all things "boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses". That's a pretty tall order especially when my weakness is seen by society in such a negative light - addiction. We all have problems, but it seems like as soon as it's labeled as "addiction" the world shuts down all around and we feel so weak, empty, powerless and alone.

I'm actually doing pretty good on my journey and my fear is that I'm going to become complacent, have a bad moment leading to the wrong choice. And so, as a reminder, these are the days that I MUST act boldly and live intentionally. I want the power of Christ to rest upon me always. Each day we must do something to be intentional about our sobriety and our love for Christ.

What are you doing today to live intentionally?