Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Living Intentionally, Part Deux

John 3:16 

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 

Living intentionally is a two way street. God has always been intentional. The entire idea that he gave us free will and knew that Adam and Eve (and us too) would mess that up is a great example. The thing is, his intent didn't end there. He so desires our love and a relationship with Him that he intentionally gave his only Son to die on the cross for our sins.

Yesterday I asked, what are you doing intentionally in your life for your sobriety and relationship with Christ. I wondered how you answered. I personally made a list and how I screwed even that up! I noticed everything started with "I am" or "I will" but my answers weren't linked with solid reasons of why. And so I think the question is better phrased "What are you doing intentionally in your life to please God?"

When I add the reasons to the end of my answers the entire reason for being intentional, and my actions becomes clear! I am so short-sited even with the best of my intentions.

So, today, I ask, "What are you doing intentionally in your life to please God? "