Sunday, December 18, 2016

Do You Like Who You Are?

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.[c] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘am has sent me to you.’” Exodus 3:14

Let's face it..most of us don't know who we are. We are not comfortable with ourselves and the ability for us to make the right choices. Don't get me wrong, most of us mean well and strongly desire to go what is right - but something just gets in our way...it's called being human! I'll admit if I was to say to someone, "I am who I am" I KNOW I would be disgusted with all that I define as myself. I'm so imperfect and full of sin.

I'm so thankful that I have a God who, when asked who He is, simply states to Moses, "I Am who I Am."  LOVE this! God doesn't have any reservation about who is. He has all these promises about being faithful, and giving us what we need to overcome and I see over and over in the Bible examples of him fulfilling his promises.

Our society tells us to question everything. There is no need to just blankly believe and accept. The thing is...that type of thinking is what gets us into trouble. So when He says "I Am". I'm going to believe Him at his word. Period!  

I don't like the person that I was and so I allowed myself to accept the gift of redemption and forgiveness and not questioned if I did the right thing. And I find strength in the one who can simply say "I Am" and then back it up over and over again! Lately, I've discovered that God is filling me with such blessings and talents and love for others that I'm beginning to finally like who "I" am!