Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Put Your Regret In Your Back Pocket

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul. Psalm 23: 1-3


Commentaries believe that Psalm 23 was written later in King David's life. If you haven't read anything about David, let's say that he had a lot of experiences just like you or I...lust, murder, disobedience but in the end he returned to God and became a man like God.

And so we can learn from David.  This Psalm tells us that the Lord will bring a time of quiet into our lives (after we decide to give up the old ways) and that He will restore our souls. I find that so peaceful and promising.

Today's is a short devotion but I hope you can have peace in knowing that there will come a time of rest and reflection in your life. God wants you to have a full and meaningful life with no regrets - we just need to be willing to give up the addiction or hurt or hang-up.  I gave mine up -- are you ready?