Sunday, January 22, 2017

Remember Who You Are

so God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him. Genesis 1:27

"When it seems as if nothing in your life is working out, when loneliness takes hold of you and despondency descends upon you, it is time to remember a few spiritual facts.
You were created in the very image of God. You are a spiritual being with rich spiritual heritage.
You do not need to be at the mercy of moods and emotions beyond your control. You have been created for spiritual greatness, and when you live in the awareness of God’s presence, you will be fulfilled.”
- so God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him. Genesis 1:27”
Grace For Each Moment
Well, for me not living in emotions is so hard. Being CoDependent I have a hard time separated true emotions. I used to derive my joy if others where happy and if I disappointed someone then I would be miserable. And I have learned that I can’t make everyone happy nor is that what God made me for. Thankfully now I understand how to separate those feelings, thoughts, and emotions. But when I couldn’t I would be an emotional wreck. Thank goodness I no longer derive my joy from others. My joy is in The Lord!!
As always, thanks for letting me share my daily devotions with you.